You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three things:
a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
— Maya Angelou

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

time flies

I can't believe that summer is halfway over! Where did it go? Julia has been out of school for a month and other than a weekend away we have nothing to show for it. I mean we took day trips. But seriously this last month flew by. And in looking at what's to come in the next month, I think it's going to fly by just the same. Between 2 weeks of camp, 1 week in PA, and a few days up in Lee. Things will calm down about 12 hours before the first day of school.

Julia can't wait for Kindergarten. She got a card from her pre-k teacher last week and she was so excited. She told me that she felt bad for Mrs. C because she was going to miss Julia so much. She's so freakin cute and thoughtful. We all know how the first few weeks of school went last year so it's comforting to know that she is looking forward to it. I think I will be the only one crying this year. Joe and I both took the day off of work "in case she needs us".

Speaking of Ms. Independent she is going to Newport for a few days with my mother. She has never been away from us that far away. Typical mother thoughts...

What if she misses me?
What if she gets hurt and I'm not there to comfort her?
What if she loses Rusty? (her stuffed dog that goes everywhere)
and
What if she doesn't miss me?
Don't know which would break my heart more.

But she's growing up so I need to let go...

Oh one more tidbit. Julia got invited to a birthday party in a few weeks. I just got an email because it was rescheduled. Why you ask? Because the boy's uncle is making his major league debut pitching against the Yankees that day. How cool is that? So do I cheer for the Yankees or my friend's brother in law?

I'm going to bed. Have a good night!

No comments: