First my husband took me to a five star restaurant to celebrate our freedom. Ok it was Denny's but I didn't have to cut anyone else's pancakes but my own! Then we went to Wiggles and Giggles a cute little scrap booking store. I tried to scrapbook once. I kept telling myself that the basket of pictures collecting dust in my closet couldn't possibly be put in albums because I was going to scrapbook. Four years later, with the basket of pictures overflowing, I am still waiting for the perfect time to scrapbook. You know the funny thing is that over the years I have received about a dozen photo albums as gifts. Those too are collecting dust in the closet.
Ok so back to Wiggles and Giggles...I'm in charge of making centerpieces for a baby shower tomorrow. Whatever possessed these people to trust my creativity with that I don't know. But I gave it the old college try and this is what I got. I put a picture below. Hey what do you want when I had to make 8 centerpieces on a $10 budget? Now don't all of you contact me at once. It's wedding season so I am in high demand. If the price is right I can get you to the top of the list.

We decided to go across the river (over the river and through the woods to grandmothers house we go...) and check out Whole Foods. OMG!! I love it there. They have so much great stuff. But they are way expensive. We bought freshly made honey roasted peanut butter and as I type this I am dipping chocolate covered pretzels in it. MMMmmmm sooooo good!
After that we went to the park and played basketball. Now when Joe and I first met we used to spend a lot of time on the basketball court. I wooed him with my mad skills. Though if you ask him he'd say I have none. He claims that when we played I used to draw blood. Now why would the boy want to be with someone that abusive? So today I took pity and I let him win at a game of HORSE.
It was nice to have a day to ourselves. After each thing we kept saying "So what do we do now?" I forget how much fun we have when we don't have to be parents. Don't get me wrong I love my daughter and we have a lot of fun. But having a break from responsibility is refreshing.
2 comments:
I'm glad you and Joe had a fun time together! I'm already looking forward to a day of freedom & Austin is not even a month old! :)
Hello................ I thought you were going to better about blogging! Do you mean to tell me my goddaughter has done nothing blogworthy in the last week. Remember when I had to do a scrapbook page for her because you were a slacker???? Do I have to start taking pictures and blogging about her too????
Post a Comment