You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three things:
a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
— Maya Angelou

Monday, April 14, 2008

Spring Break (Day 1)

I had to work at 1:00 today so Julia and I were limited on our time together but we made the best of it.

We woke up to breakfast from Dunkin Donuts (thanks Daddy!). Then we watched Sleeping Beauty, read the book Sleeping Beauty (the long version), colored 3 princess pictures (including Sleeping Beauty), while wearing the Sleeping Beauty costume. Any day now we can get over this princess phase I swear...

So now it's lunch time and we decide to get McDonalds and bring it to the park. Once we ate, Julia went running to the swings screaming at the top of her lungs because she was so excited. Watching her at the park is great food for the soul. It's easy to forget all your troubles watching her enjoy her childhood.

Next Mema met us at the park so I could go to work which was very hard for me to do with the weather we had. But I have Wednesday off so hopefully we can enjoy ourselves just as much.

So that was our day. Short and a little boring to most but a nice memory for us.

No comments: