You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three things:
a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
— Maya Angelou

Sunday, April 13, 2008

God has a sense of humor

Having a daughter in pre-K and working in a pharmacy I was fearful that I would get sick every other week during cold and flu season. Being on medication for my immune system I have worked hard this season to do avoid any extra exposure to unwanted germs. I thought that my main threat would be my daughter who takes part in the ever so gross rituals of a four year old with the finger in nose, not covering mouth when coughing, always forgetting to wash your hands, etc. You would hope that as one gets older they learn about hygiene and adjust their habits accordingly. You would hope...

I'm not sure which grosses me out more. The customer that coughs in my face and somehow manages to leave a few drops of spit behind. The customer that hands me a pill vial to refill and their hands are covered in blood from just testing their glucose levels. I am constantly wiping down surfaces and tools at work for that reason.

Last week I was bragging that I overcame the cold and flu season with no sickness. One thing I learned this week was that God does not like bragging. The last 4 days I have been miserable with a sinus infection. God has a sick sense of humor.

No comments: