You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three things:
a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
— Maya Angelou

Sunday, May 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Daddy!

This was a relaxing weekend of a lot of nothing. Today Julia went to a neighbor's house while Joe and I went to play a round of miniature golf. After Joe beat me with a slight lead he hit the batting cages. Tomorrow is opening day for the Westside Market Softball team and he wants to be ready. (6:30 at Elm Ridge, field by the pool if you want to be part of the cheering section)Not only is tomorrow opening day but it's also Joe's birthday. Because he has a game and I have to work late we had dinner at his parents house for his birthday. Earlier today Julia helped me make the cake. Yes I know what you all are thinking. I did bake the cake.
How cute is this future Martha Stewart? This next picture is Julia getting ready to sing happy birthday to her daddy. She was so cute singing at the top of her lungs with the biggest smile on her face.
The excitement was short lived because right after this next picture was taken, Julia's hair caught on fire. Singed black at the end. She was more freaked out that Papa slapped her face. He was trying to put the fire out.

So we put ice on her little red cheek, and opened the windows to get rid of the horrible smell.

Here you can see she got over it.


That was our excitement for the night. Tomorrow I probably won't write much because I'm working late like I said and Joe has a game. So see you Tuesday...

2 comments:

Kasey said...

That's it I'm suing for custody of my goddaughter!

Whitney said...

Oh my goodness! I'm glad it was nothing more serious! I'm sure that scared her (well, all of you!) Hope Joe has a good birthday today! :)