You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three things:
a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
— Maya Angelou

Friday, May 9, 2008

Busy Day

School Concert
Today Julia had a concert at school. I was very excited because I could actually go see her sing with her class. Usually I have to work. I had a really great video of Julia singing and dancing. It was so cute! So guess what...I deleted it. I hit the wrong button on my camera. Yup it's deleted. I'm so mad. Oh well I have a couple pictures. None of her singing because that's what the video was.


This is Julia and her friend William
And this is my daughter acting like the little lady that she is.


This is a video of some of the older kids. I don't normally take pictures or video of kids I don't know but I couldn't resist. The energy and the charisma made me want to get up and dance. I didn't of course because that would have been embarrassing.
When the concert was over we went to Julia's classroom to get her things and she gave me this for mother's day. She painted the pot and planted the flower. The card is a butterfly and she wrote "to mommy, I love you love, Julia.






Golf Tournament

After the concert Julia and I rushed out to Farmington to the golf course. Joe's cousin died in a car accident a little less than 3 years ago. This is the second golf tournament in Glenn's honor. A chance for family and friends to get together share memories and raise some money for the little girls he left behind.

Mike, Lisa, Uncle Glenn, Aunt Pat, and Gina
(Glenn's parents and siblings)

Sammy, Gina's son. I could just eat him up!


Free massages for everyone!


Sydney, Julia, and Riley keeping busy with crafts.


And last...Sammy, Sydney, and Julia the few minutes they actually stood still. It was a busy day and the Lauritos are tired so I'm signing off.


arrivederci

No comments: