You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three things:
a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
— Maya Angelou

Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Missing my baby

Everyday I am amazed at how much fun Julia is. I never imagined that motherhood would be this joyful and fulfilling. My heart melts with every new perspective she gives me on life. Today I realized just how much my baby has grown up. I think it was when she called me mom and not mommy or mama. As most of you know, Julia had a hard time with her speech at first. At times I was the only one that could translate. Now I have come to miss some of the ways she would say some things. Some of the Julia-isms I no longer hear...

computer said kemp-youter
Dunkin Donuts said Dumpkin Donuts
chocolate milk said choca nilk
CVS said seeve-B-S
uniform said unicorn

As much as I want to hold on to her the way she is I can't wait for what's to come!


No comments: