On Wed we braved the first cold day of fall and went to Julia's first soccer game. Joe, Mema, Papa, Grammie and I cheered from the sidelines and we couldn't have been prouder. Julia made friends fast with her team. I was a little nervous about that because her whole team goes to Rocky Hill schools. Molly and Abby also had their games. Luckily Abby's game was right next to Julia's so I was able to get a few shots.
Abby and Julia
Team Westside huddle
Not sure what this is all about
Watching her teammates
Abby's got the ball!
Go Julia
Goalie! Following in her Daddy's footsteps
Good game, good game, good game, good game....It was cute because at first the kids had no idea what to do.
So day 1 was a success. I say that because my kid was not the one crying and she had a blast. This weekend my baby girl turns 6 so we will have lots of pictures. I can't believe she's that old!
On a different note Joe and I went to Boston on Wed morning for my monthly check up with my doctor. We are trying another course of treatment because we aren't getting the results that we had hoped for. I have to go to Boston every 2 weeks for IV treatments. Joe has been taking so much time off that I don't want to abuse the generosity of his boss. If anyone thinks they can take a ride up to Boston with me I'd appreciate it. It's not a bad ride and I sing to my iPod pretty well. Just Facebook me if you are interested.
So that's all I have for you. Oh I want to give a shout out to my cousin Beth. Great job with the blogging. I loved seeing the pictures of where you live and what you see everyday. Love you much! Bye all!
4 comments:
Go Julia! She looks like she's been playing for years :) Maybe it's in the genes! Hope your new treatment works! I'd take you to Boston, but think the commute might be a bit far for me....
As someone who had no support system when I got sick out here in CA by myself, I know the importance of getting that help...so please know that if I were ANYWHERE near CT, I would gladly drive you to Boston...I am sorry I am not:-(
Thanks for humoring me with my blog...I am kinda boring but I do try!
My soccer star, soon to be birthday princess is too cute...I will try to schedule my birthday call around Julia's party so as not to interfere with her CT fun!!!
xoox Auntie Beth
those pictures are AWESOME!!!!! Way to go! Sam and Dan start their soccer practice next week. Cannot wait!!! :) Love ya, Toni
I would LOVE to take a ride out to Boston with you- I love Boston! Unfortunately I'd have a pretty long ride back home! Next time I come up for a visit, if you have to go, you can count me in! Miss you! Christina
Post a Comment