Well there are lots of theories for this one...and there are several things I need to point out.
#1. Not everyone can whistle. I have fallen victim to that handicap myself. At games, concerts, and even when a hottie passes me on the street I can't show my appreciation. I have to just sit there and hope that I send out a "vibe" that says "I love this! I'm having the time of my life!".
#2. Now I'm not an expert in science or anything but one would have to assume that to create the whistle of a tea kettle, using steam, you would have to either ingest boiling hot water or have the shower so hot that it would boil the water you have inside your body. Both options are very painful.
#3. Let's just say the water temperature inside your body is hot enough to let out a whistle. Would the noise come from your mouth? Or would it come from your sweat glands. Ha ha ha how funny would it be if you could just lift up your arm and whistle?
I have to say, in conclusion, that I am very happy we are able to sing in the shower and not whistle. Being that I can't do either I don't see how it makes a difference. But when I am drunk doing karaoke or singing in the shower I can hit those Mariah Carey notes right on key.
1 comment:
I can't whistle either, and Shane thinks it's hilarious! Whatever.
Post a Comment