I noticed when I was setting up my new blog account that they have these silly little questions that you can ask yourself. (so when you log on to my blog, and you see a random question, you'll know why it's there)
Today's question you ask????
What kind of tape is best for creating a sculpture?
I fell that being the closet redneck that I am, I am more than qualified to answer this question. (and those who know me and my closet full of banana republic, brooks brothers, coach, kate spade and what have you, know how hard it was to admit that, but for the sake of the question I need to let you know my expertise in the field of adhesives)
So back to the question.
I want to start by giving credit where credit is due. I would not be so knowledgeable on this subject if it weren't for a certain friend of mine (you know who you are) This friend tried his hardest over the last 13 years to break me of my snobby ways and have me fully cross over to redneckdum. But he failed and I did witness him trading in his old wardrobe for a new one at the GAP a few months ago. But that's another story for another day. Back to the tape...
I have witnessed 1 type of tape and 1 type only of being capable of doing many things. This tape has been seen around windows (never will you catch this in my house) to keep little critters out. This tape has been known to hang posters in a dorm or bedroom, fix books, can be used in grooming (yeah gross but I read it on the Internet and everything you read there is true), putting up Christmas lights, hold the batteries in the remote when you have lost the cheap plastic cover, and the list goes on. But the one reason I hold this tape true to my heart is it can buy you some extra time with a car dying of cancer (rust). I have seen it with my own eyes.
So what other tape can be best for a sculpture you ask???
Duct tape! You can get it in 25 different colors at least! You can imagine the great and colorful piece of artwork you would get. Not to mention sturdy, bug and weather resistant...and the list goes on..
This post is dedicated to the Wing (may he rest in peace), his owner and all the fond memories we shared back in the day!
1 comment:
You sure know a lot about duct tape, are you sure you're not a closet user??
Post a Comment