You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three things:
a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
— Maya Angelou

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Julia Eileen 9/13/03 12:43 a.m.

Being a mother is an amazing thing. A gift. I never expected in my wildest dreams that I could ever feel the way I do about another individual. I remember thinking when I was pregnant that I loved Joe so much so how was I supposed to love this child right away when it took years to build what Joe and I have. Because of that I was scared that I would not be the type of mom that Julia deserved. But like everything, it all fell into place.


Julia and I have a bond that I cherish dearly. I love being her mom and holding her when she is sad and sick. I love being her biggest fan when she dances around her room singing to her stereo. I love being her teacher when she can't seem to ask enough questions about a subject she is interested in. I love being her friend and shopping with her and going out for ice cream. What I love most about her coming into our lives is that I get to see another side of the man I fell in love with. You will find me often hiding around the corner in my house, observing Julia and Joe, without them knowing. I stand there smiling because I know that in his own way, Joe has a place just as special as mine for her in his heart.


I am so proud of my little girl and the person she is becoming. She is nice, respectful, charismatic, compassionate, loving...I could go on and on but I think you get the point. I leave you with these pictures from over the years.
Julia on the day she came home from the hospital.
1St birthday
2nd birthday

3rd birthday
4th birthday
Happy 5th Birthday Julia Eileen! We love you from here to Aunt Jan's house!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww you must be very proud. wish i could've been out her party. <3 you! happy birthday julia!

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Birthday to Beautiful Julia! I wish I was there to pick some sort of fruit with her:) Miss you Brigid!
-Renee

Anonymous said...

You are amazing! you took the time to gather a perfect birthday montage! Julia is blessed!

Whitney said...

Wow- you did do a lot of catching up with your blog! Thanks for all of the updates and pics!

And most importantly, Happy Birthday to Miss Julia! She's precious, and I've enjoyed watching her grow into such a special little girl! You and Joe have done a wonderful job!