You can tell a lot about a person by the way they handle these three things:
a rainy day, lost luggage, and tangled Christmas tree lights.
— Maya Angelou

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Halloween and one sick kid

Julia has been sick for almost a week now. First we thought is was the flu then when we took her to the doctor on Friday we found out that she has a double ear infection. My poor baby. She has been taking 3 hour naps everyday. Usually we have to tell her a couple times to go to bed. Now she can't get there fast enough. We took her to the doctor again today because she said the pain was worse and she couldn't hear out of one ear. Now I can count on one hand the # of ear infections this kid has had in her lifetime and still have a few fingers left over. I am not a seasoned veteran when it comes to sick kids. Her sick visits to the doctor are few and far between. For the fist time I felt like one of those neurotic mothers that calls the doctor with every little thing that goes wrong. Especially when the doctor said "weren't you just here on Friday?" I had no idea that it was normal for pain and hearing loss to still be present 4 days into the antibiotics. I thought by this point it should have improved a little. But he said she is progressing as expected. So we left the office $15.00 poorer, armed with our lollipops and stickers, ready to go back to school tomorrow and present our doctors note.



Knowing that Julia was not contagious we went and visited a few houses to do some trick or treating on Saturday. I didn't get a lot of pictures but here are the few I did get. Julia being under the weather just added to her costume. She was a scary witch and because she was already pale we just accented the bags under her eyes with black makeup and viola! A scary witch! Ok as I read over this last paragraph it sounds really horrible. Lets just think of us as being inventive ok?

Cleopatra (Molly) and Scary Witch (Julia)

Scary Witch (Julia) and Monkey (Reillyn)



My dad and Scary Witch (Julia)

Stars wars character (Peter) and Scary Witch (Julia) Peter was trying to do his scary face.


Sr. Ancie and the garden gnome (Lizzie)

Auntie Ann and the frog (Ellie). She looks just like her brother who at that same age wore a costume very similar.


I think this will be enough to hold you over for a few days. Hopefully Julia will be back to her old self soon. I miss listening to the concerts she puts on in her room, and hearing her read her books out loud. I even baked her favorite cake and she didn't even want a piece. Feel better soon my little friend. Mama misses you.

No comments: